Saturday, 14 February 2015

More with the stencils this week, I have done the art deco rose card 3 different ways using embossing and sparkle texture paste - couldn't decide which I liked best!.

After using the texture paste I moved to dreamweaver metallic pastes and mica powders. There are 2 methods for these as illustrated by the 2 cards below.

I also used the micas for colouring machine embossed images as shown with the large rose last week. I;m afraid I haven't mounted up the pieces done with the other stencils yet,
These methods  - ways with mica and stencils/masks plus using sparkle texture paste will form the basis of the next stencil workshop coming soon.See website for details

Sunday, 8 February 2015

Working on a few more of the tonal cards this week but linking them in with the stencils. I have used the sparkle texture paste for images and frames are done with inks and mica powders

This one I have machine embossed and coloured using mica powders - sorry about the light on the pictures - a problem with lots of skylights in the workroom!

Monday, 2 February 2015

Over the last week I have been looking into the "tonal cards". The idea for this came from the cosmic shimmer ranges which are supposed to be different products of the same tonal colour. I initially selected the pink and blue ranges but as I tried them out I became disappointed. The sprays were nothing like the other products and so my initial thoughts needed changing. I then collected together all sorts of pink & blue products which I had as well as shades of other colours and looked at what went well together. I produced samples of each using different methods embossing, inking, stamping,  powders, micas, metallic rub ons, inks
etc and then looked at putting some of the bits I'd done together - so if they seem random bits that's why! I id find in many instances that 1 other colour needed adding e.g. bits of black or the gold on green.
Now I've widened what I'm doing this is obviously a work in progress but here are some of the cards |I have done so far