Friday, 24 July 2015

Since returning from my holiday in Pembrokeshire I have had very little time for crafting being very busy coordinating our village summer fayre which is tomorrow. Hopefully all will be back to normal next week and I'll have more to share with you.
Lorraine and I did go to a retailers workshop at creative expressions and so I have those cards to show you. We had the morning with John Lockwood and the decoupage papers, then the afternoon with Phil Martin and the coordinating cosmic shimmer products. We thought some colours were better than others for matching well in the various products Lorraine's Jade being better than my lilac. Anyway below are examples of what we did.

My holiday was good although the weather was not as good as that at home but what was nice was sharing the first weekend with my son his wife and our grandson who we don't see much of.
For those of you who are interested this is a picture of him then.

Sunday, 12 July 2015

Just before I went on holiday I had been working with the Stampendous Pop Up die system thinking this would make another workshop to do over summer.
The pop up system is one die then you have die and stamp sets that can be used with the system. I opted for the dogs duo since you rarely see good dogs. Initially I just adapted the ideas which come with the packaging - I will try other ideas now I am back.

 I also tried using dies I already had for the flowers (although there is a stamp and die bouquet set, and a cat set and a nature set...) and again for the tree scene. The initial results are shown below.

Friday, 3 July 2015

I've not done anything this week since I've been on my holidays but I thought I'd show you some of the extra things I have done over the last few weeks. I showed you a couple of pieces of wall art 2 weeks ago and this is another - inspired by my playing with the distress inks.

We also had some transfer sheets in from Debbie Moore vintage chic collection. I tried these on the top so that items of clothing can be customized (problem was you could only use fabric with a low cotton content so that ruled out T shirts). I found by doing light transfers you could get many uses out of each transfer as I showed on the equipment roll and the bag. The pink I haven't made into anything yet but wanted to try them out on coloured fabric - although they also transferred well onto my turquoise ironing board cover!!