Friday 17 April 2015

Dreamweaver stencils with Stampendous products

This week, inspired by the fact that Stampendous has now purchased Dreamweaver stencils I decided to plan my stencil workshop around using products from both companies. I started with the celtic cross stencil and putting "Seasonings" embossing enamel over and heating but not fully so that some texture shows. I just love these crosses.



I have then used backgrounds prepared using the stampendous "Creative Palette" and old paints (emulsions &acrylics), and then pasted the stencil using various types of paste including sludge paste (a mixture of all your odds and ends of paste). over this I have either used mica powders ( Dreamweavers metallic f/x) or various elements of the frantage powders etc, The paste is a great holder for the frantage elements. The frantage powders are heated.
I love this idea but feel some are better than others with colours and backgrounds chosen. I will try and get more examples before the workshop.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful cards. I love what you've done with the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing with Dreamweaver and Stampendous products on your site, Linda! Love your technique, especially as it helps use up those leftovers! Great job on some really beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete